Monday, June 9, 2008

Staking Down a Moonbounce .....Should you speak up?

I saw this discussion on the Moonwalk Forum today. The question revolved around a rental company setting up a tent for a customer while another rental company furnished the inflatables. He saw that the inflatables were only anchored in two places with the other straps just lying there.

The $1000.00 question? Is it correct to point out the problem to the customer?

In my mind? ABSOLUTELY! And most other owners seem to feel the same way. Now, I might go a step further with it if I know the other company owner. In our area many of us work closely together so I might call the owner and tell him his has a problem and see if he wants to come out and fix it, but if it's not fixed before I leave I will absolutely let the customer know he has a safety issue.

Remember, in the party rental business, it's SAFETY FIRST! The more we grow, the more we count on employees to take care of our set-ups. If we don't ALL feel responsible for safety there could be a lot more accidents in the industry.

No comments: